Author Topic: ITT: 1st world problems (need 6-7-inch monitor)  (Read 9096 times)

Jay

• View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
Re: ITT: 1st world problems (need 6-7-inch monitor)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:26:16 pm »
Actually can't sleep most nights because the BBC keeps writing articles about how all students need to move back in with their parents after graduation, because they won't find jobs.

I think it's more that all students will need to move back in with their parents after graduation because houses cost about as much as they will ever earn in their entire lives.

I have a decently-paid job, and unless I repay early I'll be shot of my mortgage around about three years before official retirement age...
Housing prices suck. What inspired you to shell out for a lifelong burden mortgage?

Also what Sar is back

Sar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 12:09:41 am »
Housing prices suck. What inspired you to shell out for a lifelong burden mortgage?

Also what Sar is back

I never left! I was just quiet!

As to the mortgage: it's simply more economical in the long run. Monthly rent tends to be about the same as average mortgage repayments, on balance - a bit more right now in a low-interest period, and a bit less in high-interest periods. If I buy the house instead of renting, I end up paying the same amount and getting a house out of it in the end.

The downside was that I had to live with my parents another five years after university in order to save up the 10% deposit to even think about buying a house!

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 05:07:33 am »
Rather what Jay is back
Yay Xnfe!

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »
We should kickstart the forums.

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2013, 05:29:12 pm »
What do you think I've been trying to do for the past two years?

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:58 am »
It's only been us for 2 years already?

Anyways, you shouldn't jinx it. Feels like good things have been happening lately.

And I went and ninxed it myself didn't I…
Yay Xnfe!

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 08:16:13 am »
I'm expecting it to go quiet soon, THE FORUMING isn't due for another two years in my doomsday book.

Jay

• View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 10:37:26 am »
I reappeared cause this is the only forum I used to go on that hasn't been in a spiralling decline of post quality.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »
It's only downhill from here baby.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »
Also, more 1st world problems: me having to carry the team in group work for school.

Nigga what the fuck?

Sure, I don't work 70 hours a week, but my job is likely harder than theirs (teaching children Tae Kwon Do... stepping on some doodoo barefoot while teaching Tae Kwon Do) and yet I had the most output >____>

All these dudes had to do was have responses in for their individual questions (2 each) during the 3-day weekend and I would have taken care of it, yet I somehow ended up answering the most shit in the most extensive detail.

Jay

• View Profile
    • Transistor Glamor
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 11:11:33 am »
Never trust randoms they just gonna disconnect or feed, probably both.

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 11:32:11 am »
The only way you can ever escape being the solitary worker is to care less and work less than the rest of them.
Unfortunately,  they will probably smell that you're lying if you try to fake it, and know fine well you'll stay up the night before the hand-in to get it all finished at the last minute.
If you do convince them that you care less than them, you'll be rewarded only by their sloppy sub-par work and your own regrets.

Artschool's good, everyone has such big egos that we're never expected to work together, but I'd like to coast on someone else's grades for once.

Sar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 01:17:22 pm »
Also, more 1st world problems: me having to carry the team in group work for school.

Probably actually the most important lesson you'll get in formal education; it best prepares you for the world of work!

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 11:56:53 pm »
Never trust randoms they just gonna disconnect or feed, probably both.

I don't play LoL, but feel that this is a very accurate description of all my experience of having worked with groups in school.

Probably actually the most important lesson you'll get in formal education; it best prepares you for the world of work!

The most important lesson I've taken away from school is that most people are mad scumbags and don't deserve my attention.

If I can't rely on them for something that's easy (school work), how can I rely on them for something that's actually hard (real life)?

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 01:02:41 am »
You shouldn't rely on others. Rather, you can't rely on others.
I hate group activities. They only serve to get you mad.
Yay Xnfe!