Author Topic: ITT: 1st world problems (need 6-7-inch monitor)  (Read 8300 times)

DKL

• View Profile
ITT: 1st world problems (need 6-7-inch monitor)
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:58 am »
As it turns out, the WiiU has made me realize that, in the end, I actually want to play games on a small monitor so that I can always look at my Mac while I'm playing games...

So, I guess, I'm in the market for something that will fit in the area below my screen, like this:

I think having a setup like this might actually convince me to start playing my PS3 again >_>

(I've been using the WiiU tablet as a monitor, not really as a controller since I've been playing on the thing while using the pro controller)

Anyway, yes...

Recommendations?

I'm looking for like high-end stuff with HDMI inputs... speakers are like whatever since I have the COD Tango headset.

Tried looking around, but not sure if what I come up with is fraudulent or not.

EDIT:

Man, the Vita camera needs a flash...

Or maybe it does have one and I don't know how to use it.

iKo

• View Profile
Re: ITT: 1st world problems (need 6-7-inch monitor)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »
Sorry man, I know nothing about tech.
But i had to say I've never seen someone look for such a small monitor. First time for everything.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:42:55 pm »
My game-playing productivity has been really ridiculous ever since the WiiU came out.

I can't remember the last time I played something so much... the small tablet screen was a really good idea and probably why I'm even considering a small monitor to begin with.

That said, I may go with an ASUS, but the thing is like 17-something inches and will obstruct view to my computer...

But then, I might do the dual monitor thing in order to convince myself to start drawing agan; I dunno.

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 05:39:48 am »
I was going to say we should game sometime.
But I'm a PS2er, I have a grand total of two coop computer games, which I'm never around to even touch :/
Gamer girl, I am not.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 07:54:47 am »
I actually kinda quit gaming to go back to drawing.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the money >_>

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:56:07 pm »
You're a strange person if you need help finding what to do with money.
Saving it sounds best. Don't buy a fucking intuos with it for a good while, though, fml.

All my rage on this thing.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 09:55:49 pm »
I really wanna get into investing, but I don't know where to start and I'm not sure if the dust from economic crash has actually settled...

(plus these niggas say that I have to do my own research when considering investments; fuck that)

So now I'm doing the stereotypical asian thing: hide your money in your mattress.

(is actually in a savings account, but I make more money lending my mom money than I do sticking that shit in the bank)

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 04:28:27 am »
Not completly unrelated there's a zero intrest policy in Japan.
Apparantly there has been for years. I was pissed about not reciving enough intresst in sweden, here it litterally is 0 though...

One of my classmates is making money on the stockmarket. He claims that he makes alot and the 3 part time jobs he's holding are just for fun and/or lack of things to do.
Don't know what to believe really... He's odd enough that it could be true but, probably not...
Yay Xnfe!

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 07:46:25 am »
Tae Kwon Do job I'm doing is working out and I'm actually tossing in for rent this year lol

The only real financial trouble I'll run into in the next few years is if I don't end up with a job after school, but this will probably only happen if I get lazy and end up not using my school's career center (again)...

And I have actual work experience now, so I don't look totally fraudulent on my resume.

Ideally, I'd like to work some kind of job in the morning, then work at the Tae Kwon Do studion in the afternoon after I graduate...

That would be the jackpot.

(though, I could make this easier and start learning Korean so that my master can recommend me to his CPA >_> )

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 04:10:15 pm »
DKL, I always assumed you were a black american or something.
Because asians don't say the n-word, or whatever stereotype I must have subconsciously based that on.

Stock market sounds dubious, but what the hell do I know, I've never had a paying job.
Actually can't sleep most nights because the BBC keeps writing articles about how all students need to move back in with their parents after graduation, because they won't find jobs.
Do you need a maido?

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 09:43:51 pm »

Do you need a maido?

I... actually had these in the Philippines <_<

Not actually as hype as depicted in weeaboo culture.

Stock market sounds dubious, but what the hell do I know, I've never had a paying job.
Actually can't sleep most nights because the BBC keeps writing articles about how all students need to move back in with their parents after graduation, because they won't find jobs.

Not gonna lie... I'm lucky that I went to a recognized place like UC Berkeley.

(I think I have a degree in Economics or something... but that doesn't actually matter and I have no real idea what one actually does with an undergraduate Econ degree)

Is part of the reason why I have like a semi-permanent job right now since my Master/Boss has a preference for people who have graduated from there.

DKL, I always assumed you were a black american or something.
Because asians don't say the n-word, or whatever stereotype I must have subconsciously based that on.

http://youtu.be/y_QiXgMBevs?t=4m26s

And technically, I'm from the Mexico of Asia, and the stereotype is that it's a-okay for Mexicans to use the dreaded n-word.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:50:46 pm by DKL »

Sar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »

I think it's more that all students will need to move back in with their parents after graduation because houses cost about as much as they will ever earn in their entire lives.

I have a decently-paid job, and unless I repay early I'll be shot of my mortgage around about three years before official retirement age...

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 05:28:59 am »
You live in a house now?
So envious... Ahh
Yay Xnfe!

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:56 am »
And technically, I'm from the Mexico of Asia, and the stereotype is that it's a-okay for Mexicans to use the dreaded n-word.
Ah, I've heard that joke before.
Thanks for enlightening me, I really should learn more about the world. A couple of my friends have had maids in their home countries, but it usually just seems like they're paying for an extended family member.

I'm glad you're going well, the better people do the less this board turns into a big Mumsnet winge.

I have a decently-paid job, and unless I repay early I'll be shot of my mortgage around about three years before official retirement age...
Is that with the current retirement age or the inevitable age 95 cut-off?~

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »
but it usually just seems like they're paying for an extended family member.

This is sometimes the case, actually: my primary maid was actually my cousin or something.

But then, other people get hired on and they're usually from provinces, but are in the city to make money for their families because there's like no future in the provinces.

Also, we had a fully-paid for house in the Philippines (very nice one at that: with marble and wood tile floors and shit), but sold it to move to the US.

But then, niggas we sold the thing to still owe us money and the house has been tied up in court for the last 10 years lol

(gonna be a while because the Supreme Court over there is dumb enough to actually even look at an appeal to the case when they should be... looking at issues regarding the constitution or whatever)

Anyway, yeah...

I've lived a fairly lucky life and seen and experienced a lot of things other people probably never will...

But, I dunno: I like the middle-class US life a lot better, actually.

Can't really explain why...

Maybe it's because my parents don't have as much a grip on me like they did when they actually had money: one of the reasons why I actually got out of law school is probably because it was beginning to dawn on me that they wouldn't pay like they said they would.

Perfect excuse to switch over to accounting (I hate academics, but I still like money and it's generally very easy for me to succeed in this area), which is significantly less time-consuming.

Dad is just gonna have to live with the fact that there won't be another lawyer in the blood line.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:59:18 pm by DKL »