Author Topic: ♥ iKo has been unemployed for a while  (Read 23134 times)

DKL

• View Profile
Re: ♥iKo or something
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 02:05:19 am »
Not really paying the bills yo :awesome.gif:

(my actual job right now is to defer student loans until parents come up with money... but I should probably find a real job, which is why I'm spending a lot of time at the career center this semester)

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 05:32:11 am »
Haha, sounds a right juggling-then-ignoring trick. Trying to get some sort of oh-god-i'm-poor grant right now, student financing is awesome and all but they don't make it easy >_<
(Thank god for parents...)

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »
Student financing is kind of an interesting thing to me since my impression is that it deliberately discourages a lot of people from even trying.

I remember overhearing a dude in community college state that he couldn't get a hold of the whole thing because he doesn't know how to use computers and shit was just making him miserable since stuff needed to be done online.

I know you wanna try to prevent hella frauds from getting that paper, but there are unwilling casualties in the process sometimes.

But, who knows?

Maybe it does work, but having actually filled that shit out, it's pretty intimidating and I'm like "FUCK SON, WHAT ARE THEY ACTUALLY ASKING ME???".

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 01:27:55 pm »
Are they asking you what your entire familys full names and occupations are?

The school I'm applying for is.
Why do they need to know my little sisters full name and occupation?
It's completly irrelevant
Yay Xnfe!

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 09:04:36 am »
They even ask references...

I think it's so they can go bother them in the event that you don't pay, but I'm not sure.

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 08:05:58 am »
As if my family would pay my bills...
HA!
Yay Xnfe!

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 05:12:13 pm »
I know, I hate the whole process!
Like, where there's complicated family stuff it can get real messy. Why do Student Finance England need to know the details of my estranged father, like he's going to secretly foot my tuition fees after years of estranged-ness? But to runs checks on your littler sister is even dumber.

Trying to get a mini-grant right now to help with stuff but I'm so bad with numbers, it makes you think it's never worth the hassle. Actually, I know one or two people that don't apply for extra funding just because SF England are such incompetent idiots.

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2012, 11:26:03 pm »
I'm still very confused why Accounting school is taking a while to give me my money; when I was at law school, they gave you the money BEFORE classes started...

At the accounting school at the same school, I get my money ONE MONTH AFTER classes start...

That shit don't make no sense and I had to actually borrow money from my Tae Kwon Do master to get books this semester.

THAT SAID, my mom suspects that the reason why my school holds onto the money even though they were technically sent to the school by the government last week is that they're doing some hocus pocus shit and sticking the money in the bank for interest or something...

(take note that my mom used to be the top boss of the Las Vegas housing authority and she would see shit like that all the time where people would be a bunch of frauds with the government's money)

And something this shady wouldn't surprise me considering that my school had a recent issue with finances where someone embezzled like a million dollars...

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:24 am »
My employer does that.
I don't get it. If you spend all that money this month you get new by the end of the month.
If you spend all the money at the end of the month you get new money by the end of next month.

The cashflow should be the same but somehow it's not?
Economics.... I hope you're paying attention in class couse it dosn't seem to make sense...
Yay Xnfe!

DKL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 01:43:56 pm »
Not quite sure I understood the post, but the logic of holding onto your money and only paying employees at the end of the month (or at certain periods at the end of the month) is to have the money on hand during an emergency.

Most employers want to legally hold onto the wages as long as possible (essentially, they want to pay labor last since it's usually the most expensive thing at the company).

It's kinda like how no one wants to pay bills upon receipt... they'd rather just pay when it's actually due since there might be other uses for the money.

Also, financial statements (which has a lot of external use, like by investors or whatever) are prepared during certain times and you want to artificially make the books look better during those times by having a lot of money on hand so it seems like your company is more liquid than it really is (so like... people will lend you money or some shit since they can be certain that you'll pay them back).

With regards to the university situation, someone just wants to make extra money (assuming what I've theorized is true... when you have a lot of money from the government, even a short time in the bank or something adds up to a lot)...

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2012, 12:07:22 pm »
Yeah it came out wrong. What I meant is it dosn't make any real differance if I always pay my bills in the beginning of the month or at the end of it.
Since income and outcome are still the same what's the differance?
It'll be noticed at the time of a switch but after that I don't see it.

What my employer does is he won't put any new material into the system at the end of the month to keep the ware house costs down.
But logically that just means he's putting that much more into it on the first of the month.
Do it right once and there'd be no point to causing all the problems this bizar behavior has, right?
Probably not, like I said, it makes little sense.

Got my application back again.
Havn't looked at it yet. The jist of it seems to be I need exact dates for every employment, school and oversees trip I ever made...
Japanese people are very difficult to deal with...
Yay Xnfe!

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 03:12:54 am »
You're applying to teach in Japan or something?

All this makes my head hurt. I'll admit, I'm dumb when it comes to numbers, bank statements mean nothing to me and so I'm too scared to even read them. There was a close call when after ignoring them for months I realised that if my student loan hadn't come in randomly on the day it did, I would have been charged a huge overdraft fee or something because my rent came out that day. Money is way too scary.

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 02:56:00 pm »
Actually, I'm applying to study in Japan.

But they want to know so much...
Who keeps track of every date of everythig they've ever done in life?

Found my old passport so now I can account for everytime I ever visited Japan on the day.
All I need now is to know when I was employed where throughout my entire life (2-4 places depending on how you count but still!) and the application is done.
Can't find any papers with that information though...
I should have them somewhere but I never thought anyone would care beyond maybe what year I worked where...

Yay Xnfe!

iKo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »
I'm less surprised that they want to know so much now.
It's Japan and you're a foreigner, that's how it works isn't it?

Oblivion Shinma

• XNFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:39 am »
Apparantly.
Well I'm in atleast.
Supposed to start already in Oktober. I'll have to wait with my Visa and funding applications untill the 1st of september but this is happening. I'm packing like crazy... well, I'm packing.
Yay Xnfe!